Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
sanfoja Posted: Sunday, February 6, 2011 9:40:11 PM(UTC)

I have the same problem. The drain pump does not come on at all. Took it all apart this afternoon, actually took pump out, hooked it up to power supply and it pumps water just fine. However, when installed it never comes on. The control panel is new, unit got hit by lightning and it fried control board. Replaced that and cycle selection and all works, main pump, vent, water supply, heater elements, etc. all work but drain pump will never come on. Any ideas what could be wrong?? I have heard some ideas about turbidity sensor and flood asm switch, but do either of these interfere with command to start the pump??

Thanks much in advance!!
Joe

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for General Electric GSD6260J00SS Dishwasher | AppliancePartsPros.com

Your unit does not use a Piston & Nut.
I am assuming that this unit used to drain correctly.

Could be a number of things.
First check that the drain is looped up at least 10 inches higher than where it enters the house plumbing, just to ensure it is not siphoning back from a partially clogged drain.
Next I would disconnect it from the house plumbing and check it here for a clog. This is a common spot for debris to collect and cause a plug.
You may want to try draining the unit into a pail to ensure that the house plumbing is not the cause. Just be sure to hold the drain hose in the pail and put a towel over the pail so it does not splash all over.
Next I would check in the sump (inside the tub center) for debris. Be careful here as often there is broken glass in the sump.
And last but not least remove the drain pump and check it and it's flapper valve.

Note a turkey baster comes in handy for getting the water out of the unit.
denman Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 12:58:15 AM(UTC)

Here are your parts
Replacement parts for General Electric GSD6260J00SS Dishwasher | AppliancePartsPros.com

Your unit does not use a Piston & Nut.
I am assuming that this unit used to drain correctly.

Could be a number of things.
First check that the drain is looped up at least 10 inches higher than where it enters the house plumbing, just to ensure it is not siphoning back from a partially clogged drain.
Next I would disconnect it from the house plumbing and check it here for a clog. This is a common spot for debris to collect and cause a plug.
You may want to try draining the unit into a pail to ensure that the house plumbing is not the cause. Just be sure to hold the drain hose in the pail and put a towel over the pail so it does not splash all over.
Next I would check in the sump (inside the tub center) for debris. Be careful here as often there is broken glass in the sump.
And last but not least remove the drain pump and check it and it's flapper valve.

Note a turkey baster comes in handy for getting the water out of the unit.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
ajain99 Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 11:49:37 AM(UTC)

Hello,

My GE Triton XL dishwasher is not draining water completely. There is an inch or so of water left over the drain screen at the end of the wash cycle. I did a search on in the internet for people facing similar issues and found that a bad piston / nut check valve assembly could be a reason for it. However, I do not see any piston / nut check valve assembly listed anywhere for this particular model. I would appreciate if you could help me out here and point out the most likely causes and how I check for them. Thanks very much.

Amit