Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Saturday, June 4, 2022 4:58:32 AM(UTC)

I am model 505m0bb1 and it’s doing the same thing 5 years old can you give me a part number
EDDEE Posted: Monday, January 17, 2011 4:27:47 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Even if the igniter does glow it still can be bad if it's not draw enough current to open the gas valve. This is very common situation.

If you do need the correct part number for the oven igniter, post the complete model number of the oven.

Gene.

After reading a thread on how the gas valve control responds to the voltage reading generated from the ignitor it was clear that that was where the problem lay! I have already installed the new ignitor and we're good to go! thanks for the response.
Ed
madmaxltd Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2011 10:03:13 AM(UTC)

Another year went by after drilling the holes. It would try to light, but the burner would not fully ignite. I probed the gas inlet, where the burner connects, with a needle and now it works much better.
Gene Posted: Thursday, December 23, 2010 11:01:51 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: EDDEE Go to Quoted Post
Similar problem. Oven worked fine for years and now it takes a while to light when turned on or will not relight after being on. I have changed the gas valve and thermostat already. This oven uses a hot surface igniter which is glowing bright as soon as I turn the oven on. You don't think its the hole thing?

Even if the igniter does glow it still can be bad if it's not draw enough current to open the gas valve. This is very common situation.

If you do need the correct part number for the oven igniter, post the complete model number of the oven.

Gene.
EDDEE Posted: Thursday, December 23, 2010 6:36:33 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
What is the difference between the actual and set temperatures?

Gene.

Similar problem. Oven worked fine for years and now it takes a while to light when turned on or will not relight after being on. I have changed the gas valve and thermostat already. This oven uses a hot surface igniter which is glowing bright as soon as I turn the oven on. You don't think its the hole thing?
Gene Posted: Tuesday, May 4, 2010 6:58:48 PM(UTC)

What is the difference between the actual and set temperatures?

Gene.
madmaxltd Posted: Tuesday, May 4, 2010 10:49:17 AM(UTC)

After drilling the holes, it worked fine for awhile.... now, it won't reach the proper oven temperature. Can I test the thermostat sensors or anything?

Thanks again!
Gene Posted: Monday, December 7, 2009 1:42:48 PM(UTC)

You are welcome, Maddie. I'm glad you were able to fix it.

Gene.
madmaxltd Posted: Monday, December 7, 2009 10:29:56 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: madmaxltd Go to Quoted Post
I have the same problem on Model: SF196LEMB - 0. The oven lights but immediately goes out.... Broiler works fine. Is the thermocouple in the igniter? And, can I just replace the part with the thermocouple? Can I do a resistance test on it before ordering the part... ohm range? Do you know the part number?
You are awesome!!! Thank you sooooooooo much!!!

Maddie

Gene - you are a genius!!! I also drilled more holes and it works great. Whirlpool must've noticed the problem too... the original part was replaced with the part you referenced that has 8 holes.
After researching the part cost, your link was the cheapest too.
THANKS!!!! SmoocheS!!!!
Gene Posted: Saturday, December 5, 2009 4:58:04 PM(UTC)

Maddie,

The problem with your oven sounds pretty similar to the previous. You can find the instructions in one of our previous posts: http://forum.appliancepartspros...e-will-not-stay-lit.html

- The oven Bake burner with the igniter Part number: AP3598752