Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
waldo0816 Posted: Thursday, October 6, 2011 4:17:31 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
This ice maker is not repairable by design and parts for this ice maker never been sold.

Gene.

Before buying a new unit, turn the ice maker off making sure the green light is OFF, wait 15 seconds and turn it back on. Press the white paddle in three times to start the diagnostic. Look for the ice maker rake to turn 360 degrees. What I found in mine was that the outer white plastic spines were jamming the rake from turning, so I used a steak knife to push the spines out of the way and it worked great. You may need to bend the spines up to make sure they don't get in the way of the rakes turning in the future.
Gene Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2010 7:22:24 PM(UTC)

This ice maker is not repairable by design and parts for this ice maker never been sold.

Gene.
Matt7125 Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2010 11:04:37 AM(UTC)

There's no way to take it apart and repair? I just bought the fridge last year, really sucks! As i mentioned before It's as if the flapper arm is locked up causing it to go into a blinking led state. If I shut the icemaker off and then back on the light stays green anywhere from 10min to 3hrs. The flapper arm moves back in forth really slowly like it's trying to get into position but can't, over time of it constantly moving, I get a blinking green led.
Gene Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2010 10:40:02 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Matt7125 Go to Quoted Post
Last night my GE Adora Ice maker started acting up also, no ICE is being made. The LED is blinking green. I turned the ice maker off and then on again and the little flapper arm keeps making this noise like it's trying to turn or get into position. The noise is like a small electric motor noise. The Arm is not hung up as far as I can tell. I reset the switch again and it stayed green. I woke up this morning but again no ICE and the light (LED) in the freezer is blinking. Any ideas?

The blinking LED means the ice maker has gone bad. This electronic ice maker is not repairable and has to be replaced. GE has redesigned it and the new ice maker is electromechanical.

- The ice maker Part number: AP4345120
Part number: AP4345120

Gene.
Matt7125 Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2010 3:22:04 AM(UTC)

Does anyone have a drawing or diagram detailing the makup of the ice maker? It seems like the flapper arm is hung up or the gear is stripped which is causing it to become disabled. I was thinking about removing it and taking it apart.
Matt7125 Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2010 3:20:52 AM(UTC)

Does anyone have a drawing or diagram detailing the makup of the ice maker?
Matt7125 Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 3:43:01 AM(UTC)

Last night my GE Adora Ice maker started acting up also, no ICE is being made. The LED is blinking green. I turned the ice maker off and then on again and the little flapper arm keeps making this noise like it's trying to turn or get into position. The noise is like a small electric motor noise. The Arm is not hung up as far as I can tell. I reset the switch again and it stayed green. I woke up this morning but again no ICE and the light (LED) in the freezer is blinking. Any ideas?
Gene Posted: Friday, January 8, 2010 3:46:50 PM(UTC)

Does it have a green LED on its side? If it does, then what is the status of this LED? Does it stay "ON" or it's blinking?

Gene.
lighthouse832 Posted: Thursday, January 7, 2010 9:17:37 PM(UTC)

The actual ice maker inside the freezer.

Thanks Gene.
Gene Posted: Thursday, January 7, 2010 6:45:20 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: lighthouse832 Go to Quoted Post
...About six months ago, the Ice Maker feature stopped working...

Are you talking about the ice maker inside the freezer or about the ice dispenser on the freezer door?

Gene.