Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
FoByFo Posted: Thursday, January 7, 2010 5:25:01 AM(UTC)

Yes, the unit was running OK (to my knowledge since I wasn't the one using it). The wash cycle does run normal. I bailed some of the water out and started it. It went back into fill and started washing. Just won't pump out. I'll give it a check based on your suggestions and let you know.
Thanks
denman Posted: Thursday, January 7, 2010 2:51:03 AM(UTC)

Here are your parts
Replacement parts for General Electric HDA1200G00BB Dishwasher | AppliancePartsPros.com

I am assuming that the unit did run correctly in the past at this location.
Also that the wash cycle runs OK.

Could be you have a plug in the drain hose. A common point for a plug is where the drain hose connects over the fitting at the house plumbing. Disconnect it here and check it.
You may want to try draining it into a pail just to be sure it is not a plumbing problem. Just be sure to hold the drain tube in the pail and put a towel etc. over the top so it does not splash all over.

Another possibility is the wash/drain solenoid/flapper.
Remove the kick plate.
You will see a solenoid mounted on the left hand side of the pump module.
This solenoid runs a flapper valve in the pump assembly which directs the water to either the wash arms or out the drain. It should pull down during a drain cycle.

If the above are OK remove the wash arm assembly and look down the throat of the pump while manually actuating the solenoid to see if the flapper valve has come loose from the shaft.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
FoByFo Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 4:59:00 PM(UTC)

Thanks in advance for the help. The unit sounds normal when going into the pump out mode but doesn't pump the water out.