Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 9:52:24 PM(UTC)

Quote:
...I just jiggled the plug and now have 240 v at dryer...

Such poor connection can cause the plug and/or outlet to overheat and catch on fire.

Regarding hard wire you have to check with the installation instructions.

Gene.
DHunter Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 3:12:12 PM(UTC)

I just jiggled the plug and now have 240 v at dryer. Clothes are drying fine now.
I wonder about the hard wire, as my electric stove could be either hard wired or plug in.
Gene Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 12:02:52 PM(UTC)

Hard wire is not a good idea because it's unsafe and it's illegal in most states.

I would call a certified electrician to make the plug/outlet connection reliable and check the circuit breakers. I believe it should be done first prior to the dryer troubleshooting.

What is the complete model number of the dryer?

Gene.
DHunter Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 8:32:14 AM(UTC)

Originally no heat, so I replaced the dryer element. During this procedure, I noticed the 240 plug would spark. It was not fitting tightly and when checking the voltage at dryer it was 120. (note both plug and receptical are new). Reinserted and got 240 and heat.

Now the timer does not move, also no heat.
I plan on checking the thermal fuse, voltage...what else ?

Also can the plug be "hard wire" as maybe vibration causes the connectors to become loose, thus allowing only 120 volt.
:eek: