Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Jeeves Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 7:41:49 AM(UTC)

A couple of years ago I was having F2 errors upon starting the cleaning cycle.

I replaced the temperature probe in the back... Checked the resistance and put everything back.

That didn't fix the problem, so I lived with it for a bit.

Recently I was receiving errors when using the broiler, which I had to have, so I decided it was time to tackle the F2 problem.

I replaced the ERC.

I am still getting the F2 errors, so I think there is a problem with either the 'limit' switches or the fan.

Last night I ran the clean cycle with the metal top off and a nice fan pointing into the component area.

(referenced the 'technician info' and schematic in the component area)

The INTERNAL fan DID NOT turn on, so I replaced the limit switch near the right side that seams to be in series with the fan (has a gray and black wire). The other limit switch appears to be for the door locking mechanism (located behind the fan and has two yellow wires).

The fan is still not coming on when reaching temperature of 350.

The fan wont turn if I give it a little 'help'. I disconnected the fan and using an ohm meter, there is no resistance - it's open...

I'm not a master with the volt meter, but it does appear to be getting some voltage.
Could the fan 'mechanically' be toasted/broke?