Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
privilege42 Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2009 5:53:38 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
This is an older model, probably in the age of 15 to 20 years old. It was a very good machine for its day, but newer ones are bigger and better.

I would check the connections and the wiring. Also here is a site which will give you some trouble shooting ideas for your machine.

http://www.applianceaid.com/ge-os-wash.html

I would not recommend sinking a lot money into parts for it, and instead if you cannot get it going I suggest you purchas a good used or new top loading no frills washer.

Thank you for taking the time to answer me. I think you may be right about connections. If I smack the back panel behind the dial it works fine. I'm going to check all the connections and go from there. Again, thank you!
sidfink43 Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2009 4:46:46 PM(UTC)

This is an older model, probably in the age of 15 to 20 years old. It was a very good machine for its day, but newer ones are bigger and better.

I would check the connections and the wiring. Also here is a site which will give you some trouble shooting ideas for your machine.

http://www.applianceaid.com/ge-os-wash.html

I would not recommend sinking a lot money into parts for it, and instead if you cannot get it going I suggest you purchas a good used or new top loading no frills washer.
privilege42 Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 4:11:54 PM(UTC)

I recently purchased a water inlet valve from you and everything was working fine until today. The washer fills, but will not go into the wash cycle. If I manually advance the dial to rinse it will start to spin and drain. I tried to turn the dial to wash mode in other cycles, but no luck.