Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Wednesday, January 4, 2012 3:03:46 PM(UTC)

Pull the ice maker out of the freezer. Keep it at the room temperature for a few hours to completely defrost and dry. Install it back and give it a try.

If it would not help, replace the ice maker.

- The replacement ice maker Part number: AP4360346
Part number: AP4360346

Gene.
Al Czervik Posted: Wednesday, January 4, 2012 2:53:57 PM(UTC)

Hi, sorry to bump an old thread. I have a Whirlpool Modular Ice Maker kit. Part No. 2181913. The ice bucket had overflowed and the ice maker jammed up. After cleaning it out, the machine makes ice, but it stops and the metal bar rises after after every batch instead of running until the bucket fills up. Any idea how to fix this?
Gene Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 2:08:36 PM(UTC)

You are welcome. Keep us posted.

Gene.
CircoTribe Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 1:35:13 PM(UTC)

That sounds about right.

Thank you!
Gene Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 10:54:38 AM(UTC)

Sounds like the problem is a bad water inlet valve on the back of the refrigerator.

- The water inlet valve Part number: AP3961809
Part number: AP3961809

Gene.
CircoTribe Posted: Monday, May 10, 2010 2:11:25 PM(UTC)

I thought I would piggy back on the other posts.

Our ice maker is not working. It's a Kenmore, model 106.71194101. It does not fill with water, although, when we fill it with water, it will make and dump the ice. I think I hear it going through cycles without water/ice. My husband has used the hair dryer on the water tube to thaw out any ice. Before we noticed it was not filling with water, it overfilled the tray and we had about 1/2 inch of water/ice on the bottom of the bucket that holds the ice. There were a couple of times that it seemed to be working very hard to turn the ice out of the tray.

What do you think?

Thank you for your help!
Gene Posted: Friday, October 16, 2009 11:47:36 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: jblumenstein Go to Quoted Post
What's the difference between the part number you listed and this one:
Part Details - WHIRLPOOL Icemaker kit, replacement., part number: AP4135008

When I search by my model number, this is the one that comes up.

The only difference, which I believe is very important to you, is the price: $106.74 vs $61.14. Diagrams and part lists are provided by manufacturers, but sometime we can find a substitutes with much better prices and we trying to share this information with other people.

Gene.
rhohmann Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 8:10:54 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: turn543 Go to Quoted Post
my particular problem was related to the valve in the back on the bottom.I removed the hoses and checked the electrical connections and blew out the valve and lines and re-aasembled. After that everything worked well.All that I could figure is that there was some type of restriction and what I did corrected it. It has been working fine for about 6 months now.

I may be having the same problem so I intend on taking your advise as it seems my Whirlpool has a water restricition to the ice maker. I'll keep you guys apprised (whirlpool model ED5FHGXNQ00).
Best,
Rich
jblumenstein Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 4:22:09 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
I would recommend to replace the whole ice maker because the ice makers repair rate of success is very low and many people ended up spend more money.

- The ice maker Part number: AP4360346

Gene.

What's the difference between the part number you listed and this one:
Part Details - WHIRLPOOL Icemaker kit, replacement., part number: AP4135008

When I search by my model number, this is the one that comes up.
Gene Posted: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 4:49:27 PM(UTC)

I would recommend to replace the whole ice maker because the ice makers repair rate of success is very low and many people ended up spend more money.

- The ice maker Part number: AP4360346

Gene.