Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
zooeyhall Posted: Wednesday, December 9, 2009 3:08:12 PM(UTC)

I have a Corning "Smoothtop" or "Countertop" range. Recently the oven stopped heating (the bake element---the broil element works ok). I did some troubleshooting and found out if I jiggle the bake element power terminal on the back of the thermostat (where the wire brings current down to the bake element) it will then work. The terminal is loose inside the thermostat body, and I have confirmed that there is a bad internal connection on this terminal, probably from all the current it has had to handle over the years.

The Corning part# for this thermostat is 980052. I have been looking everywhere and can't find one. Even a good used one would be ok.

I really like this range, and everything else on it works perfectly. Is it possible to get thermostats like this repaired? I am going to remove it and see if it can be dissasembled, or maybe find some manufacturer info printed on it. Any advice would be appreciated!