Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Joe_Q Posted: Thursday, December 26, 2013 10:59:15 AM(UTC)

Hi Gene,

Can you help me please?

I also have a GE Microwave Oven, where the turntable will not turn anymore.

It stopped working, a couple of months ago. Everything else works fine, but now I have to manually (turn my food every 15 seconds), to get it to cook right.

The model number of my GE microwave oven is:

Model - JES1334WD

Can you tell me, what might be wrong, and how I can fix it?

Thank You

Joe Q
glewisnc Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 8:16:28 AM(UTC)

I have recently had the same problem, and found this thread. We have a GE PT970S. At first, we noticed the turntable would turn when the door was opened. This lasted a few weeks, and then we noticed the turntable would stop turning and nothing would heat, but sporadically, the turntable would start again and then it heated food fine. Now, the turntable no longer spins and if I check it, the motor seems to be turning freely (there is not the normal motor sound you should hear if you spin it by hand). I checked the coupler, and it looks fine. I am curious:
1) Could a bad motor also stop the microwave from heating?
2) If not, does it seem plausible for a motor and a switch to go out at the same time on a 4 year old microwave?
3) Is it hard to separate the microwave from the oven in order to service it?

THANKS!!!
Gene Posted: Sunday, June 23, 2013 10:45:25 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: melmeinhardt Go to Quoted Post
Gene,
First, thank you for your concise advice posts on this site. They're perfect.
Secondly, I'm trying to follow your advice to repair/replace a GE microwave turntable motor. Can you please advise on how the coupler is removed? On the model I have, JVM1640WB, it does not lift out, as I know it does on some other designs.
The parts diagram provides insufficient detail (the photo of the coupler's underside is obscured).
Huge thanks.

Hi,

You are welcome.

You may want to remove the bottom panel first. Then remove the turntable motor. In such case the coupler will come off easily.

Gene.
melmeinhardt Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2013 5:43:13 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Hi John,

The first thing I would check is the coupler (#37 on the break down diagram).

Remove the glass tray and pull the coupler up. Check it for any cracks.

If the coupler is fine then the turntable motor has to be replaced.

It can be easy replaced after the bottom panel removed - just two screws and the wire plug.

- The part number for the coupler is AP2016754

- The part number for the turntable motor is AP2024962

Here are the break down diagrams for the GE microwave Model JVM1860SD001

Gene.

Gene,
First, thank you for your concise advice posts on this site. They're perfect.
Secondly, I'm trying to follow your advice to repair/replace a GE microwave turntable motor. Can you please advise on how the coupler is removed? On the model I have, JVM1640WB, it does not lift out, as I know it does on some other designs.
The parts diagram provides insufficient detail (the photo of the coupler's underside is obscured).
Huge thanks.
gamom Posted: Monday, February 20, 2012 1:21:53 PM(UTC)

Hi. My microwave plate stopped turning. What parts do i need to repair it? The model # is FMV156800834. Thanks.

DLB3 Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 1:25:19 AM(UTC)

Denny,

What is the complete model number of the microwave?

Gene.

Hi Gene,
Model# GLMV168KS4
mfg: July 2002
TKS
Denny
Gene Posted: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 4:28:40 PM(UTC)

Denny,

What is the complete model number of the microwave?

Gene.
DLB3 Posted: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 5:40:58 AM(UTC)

My 2002 Frigidaire Gallery microwave works fine except the turntable quit working about 4 years ago. As I recall, the unit was very quiet but now it makes such a grinding noise I cannot hear my favorite NASCAR race - it is that loud! :mad:

I checked the TT button and it is "on." Is there a belt broken or gear stripped? How do I get to the "guts" and replace the culprit? :confused:

I really don't care if the turntable works, but if we could eliminate the noise I could use my hearing aid again on the low setting! :D

Is this an easy fix? Is it a reasonable priced item? Or, do I take the unit out to the garage to heat my coffee and buy a new unit for the kitchen?

TIA
Denny
Gene Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 1:51:56 PM(UTC)

Hi Scott,

Does the turntable motor work?

Gene.
skimaniac6 Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 7:53:21 AM(UTC)

Scott,

Just pull it up and don't be afraid to break the coupler - it's just 7 bucks.

Gene.

Sorry for the year between posts, I tried the new coupler and it didn't work, should I try the motor?
Thanks,
Scott