Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 2:59:00 PM(UTC)

Might be this wiring diagram will help you to diagnose the problem.

Gene.
mopsgt Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 2:27:43 PM(UTC)

Gene,
The dryer in question is actually at a friends house who's husband just passed away. I'm trying to help fix up a few neglected issues at the hiouse.
When she first told me about the dryer problem I saw that the dryer vent hose was not even connected to the back of the dryer. I connected it at that time, so I don't think that is the problem.
I will check the voltage thursday some time, I work midnight-8am and try to stop there when I can.
Thanks again for your help, I am handy, but haven't done many appliance repairs.
Gene Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 1:50:35 PM(UTC)

Remove the vent hose from the back of the dryer and run one or two loads. See if it'll shut off.

Check if 120V is coming to the timer motor (terminals TM & BK) when the timer will advance and when it will stuck. Do not forget to remove one of the timer motor wires before testing.

Post your findings.

Gene.
mopsgt Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 12:15:34 PM(UTC)

Gene,
Thanks for your help. The dryer doesn't shut off on both the timed cycle and the auto-dry cycles. It just keeps running at the end of the cycle, but can be manually advanced and will shut off.
Gene Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 1:20:17 PM(UTC)

It did not stop on both, the timed dry and the auto dry, or on the auto dry only?

Gene.
mopsgt Posted: Monday, March 10, 2008 5:32:59 PM(UTC)

My 2 year old Whirlpool electric dryer runs fine but when the timer gets to the end of the cycle it does not shut off. I replaced the timer and the problem is the same. I can manually advance the timer to the end of the cycle and the buzzer sounds and the dryer shuts off, but it will not do it on its own. otherwise the dryer runs fine. Any suggestions?