Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
applianceman Posted: Thursday, December 3, 2009 5:22:56 AM(UTC)

You can buy them from this site or if you like your local appliance store.
Rayno3 Posted: Wednesday, December 2, 2009 2:17:12 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: applianceman Go to Quoted Post
If you don’t disconnect the fuse before testing you can get a false positive reading. There is a thermostat on top that will cause this problem and you test it the same way. Recheck the fuse first and test the thermostat and if both seem ok post back and we will go from there. Microwave Repair Guide

I disconnected the fuse and it checks ok(very low resistance). I found two items I think are thermostats. They are round, between the size of a dime and a nickel, and have two connections on one side. the other side is mounted flat against a metal plate. I disconnected both to check them. One checks very low resistance while the other checks extremely high resistance. So the bad one is the one with high resistance, right? And where is the best place to buy a replacement? Thank you. Ray
applianceman Posted: Wednesday, December 2, 2009 9:43:25 AM(UTC)

If you don’t disconnect the fuse before testing you can get a false positive reading. There is a thermostat on top that will cause this problem and you test it the same way. Recheck the fuse first and test the thermostat and if both seem ok post back and we will go from there. Microwave Repair Guide
Rayno3 Posted: Wednesday, December 2, 2009 7:49:18 AM(UTC)

I have a Kenmore microwave oven, model # 363.62702200. It is over 5 years old. We like it and do not want to buy a new one. It has worked fine till about a month ago. Then I noticed a vibrating sound when it was working. Last week, we put something in the oven and started it. After about 15 seconds, it shut off and now nothing works. No display, no light inside or out, no clock, and no fan. We checked the breaker and the plugin. All ok. We took it out of the wall and now have the outer cover off. No loose parts were found. There is an item that looks like a fuse. According to my ohm meter, it has very little resistance, but I did not disconnect it so that may be an erroneous reading. I have the manuals for it, but none has an exploded view of the internal parts. Can you help? Do you need more information? Thank you. Ray Norton