Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
HRNjr Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 2:43:13 PM(UTC)

I don't recall it making any noise. The tub is suspended inside with springs from the top and shocks on the bottom. The shaft that the pulley is mounted on does not have any play in it at all. You can take the pulley and rotate it about 4" either way without turning the drum. So I would say that the pulley was worn out, but wanted to make sure that there was not another problem that existed and this was the result of a different problem! Do I need to be worried about the cut in the tub? It is all the way through about a 1/4" in the back, caused by the pulley rubbing against it! Thanks for all the help!
ApplianceJunk Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2008 10:46:56 AM(UTC)

Hi,

No the pulley on the tub should not be extremely loose wobbly.
You could have bad tub bearings. Has it been noisy during the spin cycle?
HRNjr Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2008 3:23:00 PM(UTC)

The washer quit spinning so I pulled off the back cover and found the belt laying in the bottom of the washer. The pulley on the tub is extremely loose wobbly, is this normal? It also looks like where the pulley on the tub has been cutting into the tub because it is so wobbly, if the cut in the tub is all the way through, is this a problem and will it leak? Thanks!