Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
sidfink43 Posted: Saturday, November 14, 2009 4:02:05 PM(UTC)

It is on the outer edge of the heater element housing.
bigbirney Posted: Saturday, November 14, 2009 3:08:03 PM(UTC)

Tested the problem again and the top does get very hot before shutting off - ordering that part right now - could you tell me where in the dryer the thermostat is located? Thanks for the help....
sidfink43 Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2009 3:12:16 PM(UTC)

In an unusual coincidence I had the same problem working on a similar GE model this afternoon.

The problem was the thermostat was not working properly, so on high heat the dryer was overheating, which caused the safety thermostat to shut off the dryer. After the dryer cools down, it will operate again.

I am guessing that this is your situation. Before you do anything, start the dryer and see if the top gets very hot before it shuts off. If so, a bad thermostat is likely your problem. Unfortunately because this is a GE they are expensive. I would replace this one

Part number: AP2044414
Part number: AP2044414

which is where my problem was and see if that does not fix things.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out.
bigbirney Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 1:57:46 PM(UTC)

My GE electric dryer is about 3 years old. On the high heat setting which is Cotton/Regular it will run about 10 minutes and then the whole dryer shuts off. I have to run on a lower heat setting in order for it to keep running. I took the dryer apart and the elements are both good per my multimeter. No lint clogging issues - vent and exhaust are clear. Can anyone can tell me what to check next?