Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
dieselgg Posted: Tuesday, October 24, 2023 3:22:11 PM(UTC)

Hi,

I have a GE Cafe dual range (range - gas, oven - electric) model # CC2S950P2MS1. It has two ovens (a smaller one on top and a larger one on the bottom. I just noticed today that for the lower oven, I had something baking at 375F. When I entered 400F, I expected to show pre-heating. Instead it indicated the desired baking temp of 400F. I went up to 435F, at which point it showed the temp about 425F and indicated preheating. So something tells me that the oven is a lot hotter than what is being indicated. I think it is off by 35F. I don't have an oven thermometer at the moment so I do not know for certain.

I tried another test. I turned off the oven and let it cool down. Then I turned it back on to 350F. When it reached 350F, I entered 365F and the display then indicated the temp was reached right after entering the temp. I then chose 400F and then it display pre-heating. Maybe it is just my imagination but it reached 400F really quickly. A lot quicker than I would normally expect it.

- Should I first check the ohm reading of the oven temp probe? Is there enough slack for me to disconnect the oven temp probe from the front?
- This oven has a feature where I can raise or lower the heat in the oven. I assume this is what is used to calibrate the oven thermostat. Should I try this first? But 35F seems to off by a lot.

Regards,
Gus