Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
jkoppen73 Posted: Monday, November 13, 2023 9:47:34 AM(UTC)

Did you ever resolve the problem?, I am having almost identical problem....
bigcheesehead Posted: Wednesday, September 27, 2023 10:34:23 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: bigcheesehead Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

What could be the root cause of this issue?
1.) Relay?
2.) Capacitor?
3.) Defrost timer? (I see this rotating over time, and I have not yet seen an iced up evaporator coil.)
[img=https://imgur.com/a/rduOiWV]Freezer Cooling history[/img]

Adding to the question of Defrost Timer above...
I rotated Defrost timer to start of defrost and within a couple minutes the heater element was too hot to touch. …So I guess the Heater timer circuit and the heater element is working!
The Evaporator core was defrosted within several minutes, but it did not look like the dial on the defrost timer had rotated very far, so I rotated it until I heard the click and then the compressor and can could be heard turning on. The Evaporator core then got cool and the heater element chilled down.
bigcheesehead Posted: Wednesday, September 27, 2023 9:05:10 AM(UTC)

Hello,
I have a Kenmore upright freezer in my basement (model: 253.22042410) that is exhibiting a cycle of interesting behavior. It will warm up to just about or above freezing (32-38F) over a series of hours, then run continuously until the temp dropped to about -10F. Then repeat this every day or see (See image provided from my temperature monitoring app)

1. Visually confirm if the Evaporator coils inside the freezer are frosted over (Likely a sign of the Defrost heater or timer not working)
a. Lite but even frosting across the whole coil after running for hours.
2. Test the Defrost heater for continuity. If is does not, this could be the cause.
a. Confirmed to have continuity
3. Test Thermostat’s thermistor for continuity
a. Confirmed to have continuity. (0.0 resistance even with hand on metal tube.)

What could be the root cause of this issue?
1.) Relay?
2.) Capacitor?
3.) Defrost timer? (I see this rotating over time, and I have not yet seen an iced up evaporator coil.)
[img=https://imgur.com/a/rduOiWV]Freezer Cooling history[/img]