Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ThatGuy Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2023 6:03:34 PM(UTC)

Sometimes there is a shutoff behind the range, sometimes they disconnect the supply line and cap it. Just be careful and always error on the side of caution when dealing with gas.

I used to test the oven temp and after many cycles, I'd mark the dial with a paint marker or scratch it right into the dial face.

This is why you never let the gas company in your house. I just tell them NO. No pilots to light, no thanks. Good try, now go away.
Pat Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2023 2:45:52 PM(UTC)

Oven was working fine.I wasn’t home,but a friend was there.The gas company worker decided the oven was not safe.The dial that controls the temperature and broiler.It was faded and not really lined up as accurately as it should be.You would just zero it out on the off end and listen quietly for it to go off.He disabled it and red tagged it for safety.If I would have been there,I could have showed him how I could make the gas from coming on.So my question is what did he do to disable gas flow?