Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Sunday, October 3, 2021 11:38:07 AM(UTC)

Did you find out what to do in this situation? We have the same problem
glenn.anderson82@yahoo.com Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2021 8:28:37 AM(UTC)

I've tried the 1) hold the door light button, 2) push/hold the down temp button. I've tried various combos of that and other buttons. No luck.

I've read through the owners manual too hoping that they might have the procedure in there to but also no luck.

I'll try calling Kitchenaid tomorrow and see if they'll talk to me about this.
glenn.anderson82@yahoo.com Posted: Monday, June 14, 2021 6:41:38 AM(UTC)

I have a three year old Kitchenaid Undercounter fridge
The unit has two drawers. Upper drawer is the fridge, lower drawer the freezer w/icemaker

Model: KUDF204ESB00

We noticed the problem when the door alarm started beeping. Inspection revealed ice behind the upper drawer (that was preventing the door from remaining closed.) Ice encompassed the upper fan and extended from one side to the other. Lower drawer was fine. No ice behind the lower drawer.

I've defrosted the unit and restarted. Cools nicely but want to see if I can figure out if there is a problem.

I've searched on line for the repair or shop manual to no avail.

I believe there is a way to put the unit manually into defrost mode to help narrow down the potential problems.

Can someone share the manual defrost procedure and/or procedures for troubleshooting this problem?

Thanks in advance.