Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Friday, August 10, 2012 2:11:43 PM(UTC)

spam

look at his profile
wrayc Posted: Monday, January 17, 2011 7:30:08 PM(UTC)

broken

blueprints on page 5 of this document.

http://shared.whirlpoolcorp.com/assets/pdfs/literature/Repair%20Part%20List%20-%208168583.pdf

It is not difficult if you follow these simple tips:

"I found the blue prints for the door although I didnt really use them. I simply just started with a screw driver and followed my nose. Although, I did read something after that would have saved me ALOT of time and energy ... DO NOT RELEASE THE SPRINGS; if you open the door 1/4 th of the way about 30 degrees I guess... there will be kind of a lock on the springs, so to speek, now pull straight up on the door (toward the ceiling) and the door should disengage from the stove unit ... hence no need to release the springs.

Also, unless you have a fotographic memory, videotape the process to remember the reassembly, as labeling would be extremely time consuming and you wont have parts left over like I did. (couple screws)... but then I have always had a couple screws loose and I still work fine."

might want to label parts and screws to correspond to the blueprints. Watch the video backwards to reassemble. Everyone has digital cam these days or borrow one.

Best Luck!

ray.
broken888 Posted: Monday, January 17, 2011 4:27:15 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: fixmechet Go to Quoted Post
Gene, I have the same problem (cracked inner glass door). I found the part number to order but have no idea how to disassmble door to replace glass. Where can I obtain directions for my KitchenAid Superba gas range (kgst307hwh4)? Thanks in advance.
fixmechet Posted: Thursday, March 5, 2009 4:45:35 AM(UTC)

Ray,

Thanks for the heads-up on the springs and advise. Greatly appreciated.

Best.

Chet
wrayc Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2009 7:58:15 PM(UTC)

I found the blue prints for the door although I didnt really use them. I simply just started with a screw driver and followed my nose. Although, I did read something after that would have saved me ALOT of time and energy ... DO NOT RELEASE THE SPRINGS; if you open the door 1/4 th of the way about 30 degrees I guess... there will be kind of a lock on the springs, so to speek, now pull straight up on the door (toward the ceiling) and the door should disengage from the stove unit ... hence no need to release the springs.

Also, unless you have a fotographic memory, videotape the process to remember the reassembly, as labeling would be extremely time consuming and you wont have parts left over like I did. (couple screws)... but then I have always had a couple screws loose and I still work fine.

For the blue prints I believe I simply googled for it, but also I believe I found the original documents which also contained them.

good luck, you can do it, I did.

ray.

Good luck
fixmechet Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2009 1:52:16 PM(UTC)

Gene, I have the same problem (cracked inner glass door). I found the part number to order but have no idea how to disassmble door to replace glass. Where can I obtain directions for my KitchenAid Superba range (KGRT607HBS6)? Also, other than the glass, are there other required parts I need to order to replace the glass? Thanks in advance.
wrayc Posted: Friday, February 29, 2008 10:37:01 PM(UTC)

No messageUserPostedImage
wrayc Posted: Friday, February 29, 2008 10:35:33 PM(UTC)

gene,

thanks so much for the reply.
for some reason, I saw the reply but not the message until now.
anyway, the model is KE SC308LSSO
I actually already received the glass and tried to repair it
(without directions)
2 problems
I got as far as replacing the glass then reinstalling the tension springs
now the door wont stay open and slams shut
there doesnt seem a way to "adjust" the springs
also, I can't remember exactly where the rest of the parts go.
NEED HELP PLEASE !!
dancinstan Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 3:54:37 PM(UTC)

I also broke the inner door glass to my Kitchen Aide Superba. I hope they can be replaced - I'm a house guest.
Gene Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 2:05:46 PM(UTC)

In order to provide the most accurate advise I need the complete model number of the unit.

Gene.