Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
BradC257 Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2018 1:03:48 PM(UTC)

Ok, I went through the diag and checked the ice bin status, that checked as empty. I checked for power at the connector under the fridge, that checked ok for power when the door switch was closed. So it looks like I have a broken neutral wire in the freezer door. :(
And I found the tec sheet for the ice maker in the evap cover. LOL

Thanks again for your help ohm
BradC257 Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2018 10:01:13 AM(UTC)

Ahh great! I will preform the diagnostics for the bin eye and ohm out the neutral wire
BradC257 Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2018 9:32:03 PM(UTC)

Our ice maker quit making ice last year, at the time I removed and replaced the motor board, still no ice. Fast forward to this year, I tried to repair this ice maker learning on the way. The IR Tx board LED seemed dim (using the camera on your phone) so I replaced the board, still won't work. So I replaced the RX board, still no ice. Then I probed the ice maker for voltage, I found some 118vac. Anyways I learned a bunch, where to jump and what to test. I jumped for water, that worked, jumped for motor power N to M, got nothing, motor wouldn't turn on. So I rechecked my power at the ice maker harness. Between the black (hot) and the white (neutral) I got 49vac. I checked the door switch for cont. that checked ok. So am I looking at a main control board replacement? Or is there another rout/ check I can do?

Thanks!

- Brad