Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
dmoliver Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 6:48:32 AM(UTC)

I have a GE Monogram side-by-side refrigerator with ice/water panel on freezer door. I had it diagnosed when the freezer temperature jumped up to 19 degrees and the ice was very clear (as opposed to whitish) and ice started forming above the ice maker. I was told my fridge needed a new compressor and a refrigerator icing repair kit. I continued using the fridge for another 6 weeks after the technician left my house. The freezer temperature stayed around 1-3 degrees and the ice went back to being white. With much effort I tried to find out from GE why I needed the icing repair kit; all I could get from them is that it would prevent water drops from forming above the ice maker. What I want to know is if I had no more ice forming on top of the ice maker after the technician left, do I really need a refrigerator icing repair kit?