Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
docnpat Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2018 10:40:44 AM(UTC)

The repairman said it needed "a control board," so I'm not at all sure what it needs.

For a few weeks the oven baked intermittently. I might have to turn it on and off a few times before the oven stayed on.

Then for a month or so, when I turned on the oven (or broiler) and set the temperature, the elements would begin to glow. Then there was a "Click. Click. Click." between the dials for the right burners.

Now the burners no longer come on when I set the thermostat. The panel no longer makes the "Click. Click. Click." After about 15 seconds, the control numbers show that the oven has powered off.
ThatGuy Posted: Saturday, February 17, 2018 3:26:06 AM(UTC)

There are places that will repair your old clock/computer and then send it back to you. I just did a quick search and came up with several. Here are two.

https://www.appliancetimers.com/

Circuit Board Repair Saves Appliances – Homeowners Increasingly Choosing to Repair Appliances Instead of Replacing | CoreCentric Solutions

What kind of problems are you having? Your range also has a relay board.
docnpat Posted: Friday, February 16, 2018 8:08:11 PM(UTC)

Oven stopped working. Repair man said to replace the control board. Most suppliers don't have it. One says they can backorder it-maybe. The price for the control board is almost $500 before labor charges. My question is, does anyone look at control boards and try to locate and repair components or does everyone simply replace the whole control board.
It's an RCA solid metal plate sealed metal burner glass top range. I love the solis disk burners so is rather repair than replace.