Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
MyBrotherDaryl Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2017 3:45:08 PM(UTC)

Not sure which part I may need. Last night when the dishwasher was running I smelled burning plastic. I opened the unit and found a knife with a plastic handle in the bottom near a heating element but it had not melted at all (bottom still full of water at the time). I moved that knife and took all plastic items out and resumed the wash. Still smelled the plastic smell but the cycle never completed and there is water left in the bottom. Lights still come on for the buttons but the unit won't start and won't drain. Holding the cancel button doesn't cause the unit to start the drain cycle. Alternatively pushing high temp scrub and heat dry appears to reboot the unit --- lights all turn solid, then cycle through each setting. Does this sound like the pump needs replacing or the board? Or something else? No humming sounds that could from the pump.

Repairman can't get here until the Monday after thanksgiving and we have lots of cooking to do before then. Yikes! Any input you can offer would be much appreciated.