Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
hokiehivpi Posted: Tuesday, November 7, 2017 5:35:29 PM(UTC)

Transformer did the trick!
hokiehivpi Posted: Sunday, November 5, 2017 6:54:55 AM(UTC)

Ok, so I'm getting the 120V no problem but the other voltages aren't close. Most I got was .5. Transformer on order!
ThatGuy Posted: Saturday, November 4, 2017 4:21:53 PM(UTC)

Don't cut the wires!

Stick your test meter's probes in the back of the connector. Get your voltage readings there. Like this pic shows.

UserPostedImage
hokiehivpi Posted: Friday, November 3, 2017 5:10:58 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: ThatGuy Go to Quoted Post
A wiring diagram would be nice. Couldn't find one. I did find a picture of the label on the transformer and I enlarged it.

It looks like black and white are 120 VAC.

Yellow is 5.4 volts AC

And red is 12.8 volts AC

Always check your voltages first. Less guessing, more testing.

Ok so tomorrow I'll cut the wires and see what she's putting out. Thanks again for the assistance!
ThatGuy Posted: Friday, November 3, 2017 4:04:09 PM(UTC)

A wiring diagram would be nice. Couldn't find one. I did find a picture of the label on the transformer and I enlarged it.

It looks like black and white are 120 VAC.

Yellow is 5.4 volts AC

And red is 12.8 volts AC

Always check your voltages first. Less guessing, more testing.
hokiehivpi Posted: Friday, November 3, 2017 6:06:49 AM(UTC)

I'd check the transformer and see if its outputting the correct voltages. If it is, then its probably the board.

Whirlpool WP2310139 Transformr - AppliancePartsPros.com

Ok, so I got the new board in, slapped it in and it still doesn't work. I checked voltages at the harness in the ice box again and got nothing. How can I test the transformer since it has one plug? Also wouldn't the transformer also supply the same 12V to the light that's working fine?

Thanks in advance.
hokiehivpi Posted: Thursday, October 26, 2017 12:13:06 PM(UTC)

Thanks so much! I'll go check that here in a bit and see. Interesting that the drain pump is 12V. From everything I've seen online, the recirculation pump is 110.
ThatGuy Posted: Thursday, October 26, 2017 11:48:52 AM(UTC)

I'd check the transformer and see if its outputting the correct voltages. If it is, then its probably the board.

Whirlpool WP2310139 Transformr - AppliancePartsPros.com
ThatGuy Posted: Thursday, October 26, 2017 11:38:32 AM(UTC)

According to the back of the one pump, it takes 12 volts, 60 Hz, 1.2 amps to run it.
hokiehivpi Posted: Thursday, October 26, 2017 3:45:49 AM(UTC)

Have you checked for voltage to the pump? Does the pump ever run?

Thanks I did check for voltage at both the recirculation as well as the drain pump while running through the diagnostic cycle and the highest I ever got was 1V, so I'm just a mere 109V away, ha!

It was after I did the voltage check that I pulled the controller card down and reseated all the plugs on it (to no avail). I have a card on order now and I'm hoping that's the solution. If there's anything else I can be checking in the meantime, please let me know. Thanks!