Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
brobriffin Posted: Monday, October 23, 2017 6:04:54 AM(UTC)

You can test the capacitor if you have a multimeter that can test for capacitance. That is measured in microfarads.
If not just try replacing it. As it sounds like that is your problem.
fsuedonkey Posted: Sunday, October 22, 2017 6:26:37 AM(UTC)

Took it apart. Coupling is in perfect shape. Took the capacitor out. Is there any way of testing it to know if it is the problem or should I just replace it and see if it fixes the problem?
fsuedonkey Posted: Saturday, October 21, 2017 11:56:26 AM(UTC)

It did not drain the water initially but once i got it spinning it did. Its back to not spinning or agitating. Only the buzzing noise.
brobriffin Posted: Saturday, October 21, 2017 11:53:43 AM(UTC)

Question did it drain all of the water out without actually spinning?
If so your coupling is likely broken. It is like a universal joint, it connects the motor to the transmission.
See part #13 on the schematic
Parts for Whirlpool ITW4300SQ0: Brake, Clutch, Gearcase, Motor and Pump Parts - AppliancePartsPros.com
that part also has a repair video.
If the coupling is good and the motor isn't working you may have a bad capacitor. See part 29 on this schematic.
Parts for Whirlpool ITW4300SQ0: Controls and Rear Panel Parts - AppliancePartsPros.com
fsuedonkey Posted: Thursday, October 19, 2017 3:23:07 PM(UTC)

Ok so I just plugged the sucker back in and tried to spin, it acted like it wanted to. I then tried to agitate and did the same. I went back and forth a couple of times and it started on spin cycle......

Now I'm really confused. I suppose now that it's completely drained I am going to leave it be until I figure out what to do next.
fsuedonkey Posted: Thursday, October 19, 2017 2:32:58 PM(UTC)

This weekend I went down and found a full load of laundry on spin cycle just buzzing but not moving. I stopped the cycle and then restarted. It finished the load no problems.

Yesterday the same thing happened but it didn't restart. I tried to agitate and it would work intermittently and finally got it to go into spin mode. Now this morning I am just getting the buzzing noise from the top of the unit and it will not spin or agitate.

I am guessing the lid switch is fine because when I open and close the buzzing starts and stops. Wasn't sure where to go from here if it was the timer, control board, motor.... don't know a lot about these repairs, but this forum has helped me troubleshoot before so I figured it was the place to go.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

-Ian