Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ThatGuy Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 6:39:31 AM(UTC)

If you remove the back cover inside the freezer and check the evaporator coils, they should have an even coat of frost all the way across after 30 minutes of run time.

If they only have frost on one side or just on one or two of the coil loops, the refrig. is low on freon.

That means its leaking and its going to be hard to repair. This picture shows a unit with low freon.

Sorry about the size of this pic, tried to replace it, but it won't let me.

UserPostedImage
merc1100sc Posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 11:42:09 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: ThatGuy Go to Quoted Post
My best guess is the water came from the coils being all frozen over. And then the refrigerator quit cooling and the ice melted and filled up the drain pan.

How do you know the compressor is running? How do you know if its compressing freon and how do you know if there is any freon in the machine?

Here is my theory... Your refrigerator is either low on freon, or the compressor is inefficient, or the compressor isn't actually running.

I can feel the compressor vibrating and building heat. I can feel a warm side on the coils and a cool side on the other end of the coils. But like you said, I don't know if its running properly or efficiently. And the water dumping into the pan happens repeatedly lately.

Is it worth fixing or just replace it?
ThatGuy Posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 11:11:49 AM(UTC)

My best guess is the water came from the coils being all frozen over. And then the refrigerator quit cooling and the ice melted and filled up the drain pan.

How do you know the compressor is running? How do you know if its compressing freon and how do you know if there is any freon in the machine?

Here is my theory... Your refrigerator is either low on freon, or the compressor is inefficient, or the compressor isn't actually running.
merc1100sc Posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 7:38:46 AM(UTC)

All,

I have a whirlpool top freezer fridge that has stopped cooling (both fridge and freezer). The compressor tests ok and seems to be running fine. freezer fan is running. It is also overflowing the defrost drain pan located in the rear bottom of the fridge. Any suggestions?

Thanks