Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
brobriffin Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 5:57:49 AM(UTC)

If you have that kind of high temp and heat in air only then it sounds as if the heater relay is stuck in the closed position. That is located on the ECB Whirlpool WPW10174746 Electronic Control Board - AppliancePartsPros.com and you will need to replace the whole board. I would not recommend using this machine until repaired "FIRE HAZARD" as the exhaust temp should only reach about 165 to 175 degrees max.
Ron.Easterling Posted: Monday, October 9, 2017 2:16:54 PM(UTC)

My heating element stays on during cool down and during air dry. I blew a thermal fuse. I replaced it and checked the exhaust for lint and blockages. I found none. I ran one load and blew the new thermal fuse. I replaced the thermister and ran continuity test on cold and hot four wire thermistat. It disconnected at about 280 degrees F. I have checked my heating element to see if it is grounded and I can't see any sags or breaks. I checked the continuity and I got a reading of 9.9 on the lowest setting on my multi meter. I have checked the temperature at the thermostat and no matter what cycle I put it on it heats up to about 240 degrees. It appears the thermal fuse is blowing in the cool down cycle when the clothes are dry and the temperature keeps going up due to the heating element staying on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Ron