Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
cheriemarie78 Posted: Thursday, September 7, 2017 12:09:36 PM(UTC)

I appreciate your help, but we've determined that it's most likely the transmission. Since this is the second (Whirlpool) washer to crap out on me in 5 years, I've decided to do something I never thought I'd do...spend nearly $1000 on a washing machine. Today I picked up a Speed Queen....here's hoping my gamble pays off.
cheriemarie78 Posted: Wednesday, September 6, 2017 10:41:21 AM(UTC)

Deleting my reply because I thought removing the belt cover fixed the problem....it didn't.
brobriffin Posted: Wednesday, September 6, 2017 8:26:58 AM(UTC)

Depends on where you hear the sound coming from.
If the very bottom, it may sound like the pulley rubbing against the plastic cover or it might be coming from the gearcase (not good).
If the sound is higher up perhaps something is caught between the washplate (agitator) and bottom of wash tub. Just a few thoughts!

Do you hear the noise in spin mode?
cheriemarie78 Posted: Tuesday, September 5, 2017 8:04:41 AM(UTC)

Hello everyone. I have a 14 month old Whirlpool washer that has recently started making noises. I can not tell you what part of the cycle it is on since I have never understood this washing machine. Give me the old school ones with the dial that moves as the cycle progresses! Anyway, it makes noise and takes FOREVER to finish. I ordered the splutch assembly thinking that was it, but have since taken the old one off to inspect and it seems to be fine. I also removed the washplate thinking that's where the sound was coming from, cleaned out from under it, removed a couple coins, but it's still making the noise. The noise sounds like someone dragging a pool hose over a hard edge.

I don't mind a little diy and replacing parts myself, but I don't want to spend a fortune ordering the wrong thing. I appreciate any help you can give. Thanks!

Here's a video of the noise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppqW2PfbTwU&t=2s