Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
elocin71 Posted: Thursday, September 7, 2017 9:41:14 AM(UTC)

Well I guess I answered my own question. I started it up again yesterday and the burning smell was gone. Guess it was the silicone spray after all.
elocin71 Posted: Monday, September 4, 2017 8:30:02 PM(UTC)

From what I've heard, this wasn't a repair worth calling a repair guy for so I figured it wouldn't cost me much to give it a shot. I replaced the tub seal on my washing machine, put it back together and started a load. It filled fine, without any leaks but after it filled, it did not continue the cycle as I was running without the shell off but when I came back to it, there was a burning smell. I took all the clothes out of the tub and drained it on spin, which worked well.

I didn't see any obvious signs of burning. All the electric components looked fine and were not warm although the start capacitor was a bit warm, but perhaps that is normal. Any ideas? I did add silicone spray to the stem as recommended by a repair video from this site or repaircl1n1c. Getting the tub seal on was a tight fit. Is it possible to overtighten with the spanner wrench?

Thanks for your time