Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
PNWDrew Posted: Monday, August 21, 2017 6:43:35 AM(UTC)

I skipped the most basic check - the incoming voltage. Look at prongs of plug for evidence of arcing like burnt or discolored spots that might indicate a poor connection in the outlet. Also check for 220-240v at the terminal block as you wiggle the plug and cord around.

If it was losing one of the 120v lines it would also behave as you describe. Still probably the timer but it's worth being sure that it's getting what it needs.

Sometimes the simple things are easy to overlook.
guiljones Posted: Monday, August 21, 2017 6:31:37 AM(UTC)

Many thanks for the response! I'll play with that angle.
Cheers.
PNWDrew Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2017 1:52:06 PM(UTC)

Whirlpool WPW10185972 Timer - AppliancePartsPros.com

Timer - if it heats and runs at all, it's probably the timer. Heating means the entire element system is OK. Running means motor and drive belt are ok.

You could have a loose or broken wire but I doubt it, if messing with the timer affects the issue that's probably the problem part.
guiljones Posted: Monday, August 14, 2017 7:39:58 AM(UTC)

Hi guys ans gals,

Thanking you in advance for thinking about my sad tale.

This dryer does not heat consistently. Playing with the control dial will sometimes result in heat by going backwards. Seems to work less and less.

I have checked continuity on all thermostats and resistors and found good. The element does have 10 ohms resistance.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers.