Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
DarekFromPA Posted: Saturday, July 29, 2017 6:40:55 PM(UTC)

Does it look like a moisture sensor?
Do you use a settinging that lets you set your drying cycle to: very dry, dry, damp?
thorning Posted: Saturday, July 29, 2017 10:41:34 AM(UTC)

Looks like the dryer sensor bars Should be able to glue them back in place but doubtful they will stay.
mathewkorbin Posted: Thursday, July 27, 2017 6:18:08 PM(UTC)

Hey All,

New to the forum, and am no expert. Have fixed various appliances, but I was given this GE electric dryer that looks like it was made in year 2000 by the serial number. The attached photo shows arrows to two pieces of bands (metal?) that seem to loosen and no longer sit flush with the unit while drying, and catch small items like shoe strings or dryer sheets. They have already caught and torn several items before I noticed this was happening!

WHAT ARE THESE and is there any way to make them 100% flush, or can I remove them? I don't want to wake up one night while smelling something burning because it is caught in these things! Please HELP!

*EDIT... Forgot to mention that these bands are just below the lint catch on the inside of the panel, but do not turn with the drum.