Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
thepirate Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2010 7:26:25 PM(UTC)

Sounds like the thermostat's broken. If it's new, hopefully it's still under warranty. It's usually not economical to fix a fridge unless it's something very small.
<a href="http://www.mini-fridge.org">mini fridge</a>
denman Posted: Wednesday, November 4, 2009 5:38:24 AM(UTC)

Could be that you have a bad thermostat.
Sometimes parts are defective right out of the box.

Remove it from the unit, set it at mid point in its rotation and check the connectors with a meter. Should be 0 ohms (closed).
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Edogyip Posted: Wednesday, November 4, 2009 5:28:36 AM(UTC)

I hooked it up in every possible fashion and nothing. As of right now I have both hooked to the 2 grounds, so it is just acting as a jumper. I switch it on and off by the power strip, so now I'm the thermostat.
denman Posted: Wednesday, November 4, 2009 4:03:39 AM(UTC)

Getting tech info on GE is difficult to say the least. They like to keep it a secret.

I would think that the C would be the wire that goes to the compressor, the L would go to Line (power in).

Am not sure where the grounds should go unless the thermostat has a connection to it's metal body.

Hopefully someone will jump in who has worked on one of these and remembers the hook up.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Edogyip Posted: Tuesday, November 3, 2009 8:59:00 AM(UTC)

If I remove the temperature control and connect the black and white wires, the refrigerator runs and cools, but I cannot get the new thermostat to kick on the refrigerator. I have a C, L, and two ground terminals, so where do I install the black, white, and green wires?