Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Duckie55 Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2019 8:55:08 AM(UTC)

My Samsung WF218ANB/XAA front load washer has 2 balance rings, the one on the bottom where the spider assembly is, is very difficult to get out. Is there a way to get it out without damaging the stainless tub? What can I use to pry it out with, I went around the side with a putty knife and there is nothing holding it in there, just seems to be very tight. Any help is appreciated. Thank you
Branmuffin Posted: Saturday, July 15, 2017 6:20:42 PM(UTC)

Replaced VRT ring (balance ring) and problem is solved. Took 4-5 hours to complete and was fairly easy, just need to have basic tools and basic mechanical knowledge. Also replaced tub seal since I had to completely disassemble machine.
Branmuffin Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2017 7:46:57 PM(UTC)

Hello. We have a 3 yr old washer that recently started making a very loud ticking sound during the spin cycle. Initially I assumed it was a spider flange so I completely disassembled the washer only to find a perfectly intact spider flange and bearing seems very smooth.
I inspected the white balance ring at the front of the tub and it seems to have an odd rattle inside. I don't know anything about this part, I assume it is supposed to have fluid inside but is it supposed to be full? Half full? What is the object moving around inside? It appears to be sealed so I cannot open it up. The balance ring in question seems to be about half full of fluid and there is what sounds like a ball that moves around inside when rotated. However, when it gets to a certain point the fluid seems to clog and stop moving, and if shaken you will hear many little pieces inside and what feels like sludge blocking the movement of the fluid. My guess is that this balance ring is bad and is what has caused the clicking noise and some abnormal out of balance spinning at low speeds. Does this sound reasonable? Can anyone explain what is inside the balance ring and how this peice works? Thanks for the help.

Here is a video of the noise and slight out of balance spinning.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cyWFsEbM5po