Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
theswedemachine Posted: Sunday, June 18, 2017 11:46:19 AM(UTC)

Anyone care to venture a guess on this one? I appreciate it!
theswedemachine Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 5:09:53 PM(UTC)

Hi all -

I'm hoping you can help diagnose the problem so I can fix it myself.

My home was struck by lightning (or nearby) a few months ago, and ever since, my washer/dryer hasn't been working.

I tried calling local appliance repair centers, and they all seem to hate washer/dryer combos and want to charge me a repair fee almost equal to just buying a new one.

Problem: Ever since the lightning strike, the wash cycles haven't been working properly. I can select different cycles with the knob, but they either 1) don't start at all, 2) skip half the agitation/spin cycles, or 3) do something random.

Right now, I have to start it on a delicate cycle and then move the knob to a normal cycle after a few minutes in order to get the wash to work. Unfortunately, even with this manual intervention, the washer doesn't cycle properly in washing, clothes don't get "clean".

- The lid works and locks
- The basin fills with water and drains properly
- The agitation cycle works (when it decides to work)
- The spin cycle works (when it decides to work)
- The dryer works flawlessly
- No error lights or sounds that seem off

Any thoughts on if this is a straight forward fix? Control board?

Thank you,

Dan