Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
mozman68 Posted: Friday, June 2, 2017 10:55:40 AM(UTC)

Welll...fixed...sort of...

The door latch was the issue. The safety plunger on the top of the unit was broken off. I guess I didn't notice it was even missing.

But now, the door doesn't seem to close enough to push the plunger in all the way. When I push on the front of the door in that area, the washer works fine. I actually held the door closed and put duct tape on it to hold in in...and that was just enough for it to work.

My hillbilly fix will be fine for now I guess...door doesn't seem adjustable. Any thoughts on that? I've tightened every screww and it doesn't seem to matter.
mozman68 Posted: Friday, June 2, 2017 2:48:43 AM(UTC)

Door latch unit shows up today...I guess we'll see if that's the issue. It better be or my wife may go ballistic... ;)
mozman68 Posted: Monday, May 29, 2017 4:43:20 PM(UTC)

So...I'm actually hoping it is the latch. $80 and 10 minutes of my time doesn't seem too bad.

Just would love someone to tell me that it is most likely the latch so I don't waste $80...but it would explain why it doesn't do what I'm explaining above. Thanks again.
mozman68 Posted: Monday, May 29, 2017 4:24:44 PM(UTC)

I've read all of the threads about Duets that won't start.

But mine also will not go into diagnostic mode and I wonder if that means there is a different problem.

It does not seem to be the start button. I replaced that years ago and it feels fine.

When I do the diagnostic mode sequence and press the button four times to get to it, I get what seems to be a quick flash, but the display still says 2:00.

I pulled the latch out to make sure everything was connected and it seems fine.

I'm at a loss and don't want to order a new latch unless I'm sure that is probably the issue. I'm guessing it is as everything else seems to be working fine.

Any latch diagnostic work anyone can suggest before I order a part? Thanks!!