Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
CitadelBlue Posted: Saturday, April 15, 2017 10:35:33 AM(UTC)

Looking for some insight RE the broken wires....What did you do just peel back the cloth sheath and you just spotted broken wires? Details man details ......
CitadelBlue Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2017 11:28:19 AM(UTC)

How in the world did you find broken wires in that wire bundle ? Did you take the inside panel off the door or what?
BigDaddrock Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2017 10:58:39 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: BigDaddrock Go to Quoted Post
Revision to my original inquiry. I had the harness inserted improperly!!
Have now corrected that, but am now getting just crushed ice and no cubes (it comes out crushed when cubes selected).
This was the original problem. I have now replaced the original solenoid which was a Dormeyer B22 -2051, with one by Delta Model BM-4133, Part 87T-6029. Seller insisted this was compatible with my model refrigerator. Problem continues.
Any suggestions?

To any who have looked at this thread, please be aware that I solved the issue!!

The source of the problem was in two broken wires at the base of the door. These wires are tucked in a threaded bit of mesh, but they are prone to breaking due to the poor design of the refrigerator. I was able to splice the two broken wires and now both light and crushed ice feature work.
BigDaddrock Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2017 7:39:24 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: BigDaddrock Go to Quoted Post
My ice dispenser was not giving cubes, just crushed ice.
I figured it was a faulty solenoid, so ordered a new one.
Had a heck of a time disconnecting the harness at the rear of the freezer unit to free up the section holding the solenoid.
Upon reinstalling the unit, I found I have now lost the ability to provide cubes or crushed ice!! Even the little light beneath the water dispenser does not work!!
Unit allows drawing of water, but the electronic elements (cube/crush and light do not work). Might I have blown some fuse somewhere or might I have messed up the wire connector? It seems like it is making a good seal.
Any ideas??

Revision to my original inquiry. I had the harness inserted improperly!!
Have now corrected that, but am now getting just crushed ice and no cubes (it comes out crushed when cubes selected).
This was the original problem. I have now replaced the original solenoid which was a Dormeyer B22 -2051, with one by Delta Model BM-4133, Part 87T-6029. Seller insisted this was compatible with my model refrigerator. Problem continues.
Any suggestions?
BigDaddrock Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2017 6:58:54 AM(UTC)

My ice dispenser was not giving cubes, just crushed ice.
I figured it was a faulty solenoid, so ordered a new one.
Had a heck of a time disconnecting the harness at the rear of the freezer unit to free up the section holding the solenoid.
Upon reinstalling the unit, I found I have now lost the ability to provide cubes or crushed ice!! Even the little light beneath the water dispenser does not work!!
Unit allows drawing of water, but the electronic elements (cube/crush and light do not work). Might I have blown some fuse somewhere or might I have messed up the wire connector? It seems like it is making a good seal.
Any ideas??