Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
PNWDrew Posted: Wednesday, March 1, 2017 8:15:40 PM(UTC)

Your guess that the original board may have been bad is a good idea.

I'd say first check for any continuity between ground and either side of the plug. You can do this at the plug itself to start with. Something is shorted to ground and your goal is to track that down. Start with the noise filter unplugged to begin as close to the plug as possible.

This stuff can be a nuisance, If nothing is obvious and you have a working board you can always install it and use the gfci outlet again. Leave everything unplugged from the board initially, then plug things in one by one until something trips the GFCI outlet. Wear shock proof gloves or unplug the machine prior to each new connection. Hopefully the board survives the GFCI trip. It would suck to burn a 2nd board. If it's for a customer you might explain the risk and let them make the call about potentially frying an expensive part.
Tfowler465 Posted: Wednesday, March 1, 2017 5:38:02 AM(UTC)

there were no visible burn marks that I could see on the control board. it makes me wonder if the control board was already bad to begin with.
PNWDrew Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 3:02:47 PM(UTC)

There are way too many variables to guess. Can you ID what burnt on the control? Look for the obvious burns or discolorations that would normally accompany a failed component.
A pic of the board front and rear out of the plastic housing might help.
Tfowler465 Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 1:56:52 PM(UTC)

I'm working on a maytag front load washer that the second you plug it in, it trips the gfci. so I plugged it into a non gfci outlet and something popped in the main control board. I have a spare but don't want to put it in and ruin that one to. what is the most likely cause for this happening and how or what do I test to figure it out? the model number is MHW4300DW