Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
leemeyer Posted: Sunday, October 16, 2016 4:59:13 AM(UTC)

I have a Maytag dishwasher that will not drain. everything else is working. The dishwasher is at my parents home. My father recently passed and my mom is in a nursing facility so the washer hasn't been used much over the past year. When i hit the drain button it runs through a wash cycle and when complete ( 2 minutes ) it is still full of water. I have taken the mechanism apart down to the drain impeller but nothing is broken. I see that the wash impeller and the drain impeller are both on the same motor shaft so my question is how does the dishwasher know that it is supoosed to be draining rather than washing. I didn't see any solenoids that might switch between the 2 different cycles but I may be missing something. I really need an electrical schematic if anyone can supply one.

Thanks for the help,
Randy