Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
brobriffin Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 12:33:21 PM(UTC)

Great I hope it works out for you. Please reply when you've finished the install and let us know the outcome. This will benefit others with similar issues.
Doehr Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 11:01:15 AM(UTC)

Thanx Brobrin for your reply to the thread. I also suspected deteriorating coils, and I ordered replacement coils and a new igniter, as dryer is 12 yrs. old and the parts were inexpensive. Looks to be fairly simple install. I appreciate the quick response!
brobriffin Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2016 6:22:18 PM(UTC)

It may likely be the coils going bad. They are responsible for opening and close the gas valves. I have seen them when they start to go bad work at first when they are cool but when they heat up they fail. This is one possible solution. (and they are cheap enough) Here are the parts you may need.
Whirlpool 279834 Dryer Gas Valve Coil Kit - AppliancePartsPros.com This link also has a how to video.
Here is a video on how to test the coils to see if they are bad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU7yu5jAGzs
Don't be disturbed by the coils being from Whirlpool as they now own and built Maytag.
Doehr Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2016 10:41:56 AM(UTC)

Dryer comes on and initially, for a minute, heat is produced. The rest of cycle dryer only has cool air. Is this typical for a faulty igniter, or is some other part preventing hot air from being produced?