Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
JimChris38 Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2016 4:43:19 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: JimChris38 Go to Quoted Post
When I checked operation of the Solenoid, it was in the DOWN position. With the freezer door open, and the switch depressed, I pressed the cubed ice button to raise the solenoid. After replacing the ice container, the cubed ice dispensed properly. Apparently, loss of power caused the solenoid to drop so it was no longer able to turn the control rod that lets cubed ice dispense.

When I checked operation of the Solenoid, it was in the DOWN position. With the freezer door open, and the switch depressed, I pressed the cubed ice button to raise the solenoid. After replacing the ice container, the cubed ice dispensed properly. Apparently, loss of power caused the solenoid to drop so it was no longer able to turn the control rod that lets cubed ice dispense.
JimChris38 Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2016 4:41:10 AM(UTC)

JimChris38 Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2016 2:00:40 PM(UTC)

I have a Frigidaire Model # GLHS66EJSBOrefrigerator. There was a power outage and when restored, the ice maker only dispenses crushed ice but makes a very loud noise like a mechanism in the door is breaking apart! Water dispenser works normally.
I've replaced both the Crushed/Cubed Ice Solenoid and the augur motor but the problem wasn't resolved. Ice maker makes ice, and with the freezer door ajar, when I rotate the control rod manually (under the ice container) cubed ice falls from the ice container but doesn't dispense from the door.
Please advise what the most likely problem is - obviously, something in the dispenser control system!