Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 3:07:04 PM(UTC)

Quote:
...How hard is it to change the receivers?...

You have to pull the range out of the wall and remove the side panels.

Gene.
Dad2Boys Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 2:49:39 PM(UTC)

Thanks. I really think it is the hinge/receivers. This was the other part (the one that melted AP4041769) It is white and black. It is a trim top piece.

How hard is it to change the receivers?

Thanks!
Gene Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 9:17:51 PM(UTC)

Spring is a part of the door hinge. Besides the door hinge or the hinge receiver it could be a slightly bend inner door layer or he door frame. I can only guess. The hardest part is to properly diagnose the problem and only you can do it because we can not see it.

Gene.
Dad2Boys Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 4:17:01 PM(UTC)

yeah, we thought it was the problem, but apparentley it is either a hinge or spring?
Gene Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 4:12:00 PM(UTC)

Michelle,

If I got it right, you replaced this maintop bracket (#11 on the diagram) but it did not solve the problem?

Gene.
Dad2Boys Posted: Friday, October 30, 2009 5:34:01 PM(UTC)

I think it is this part: AP4041612. I ordered from this website a couple of months ago when it happened. We thought it was just that piece, apparently we were wrong.

Thanks!
Michelle
Gene Posted: Friday, October 30, 2009 3:23:06 PM(UTC)

You probably have to replace the door hinges together with the hinge receivers (#19 on the diagram). I'm afraid I did not get clear which trim did you mean. Can you refer to the diagram?

Gene.
Dad2Boys Posted: Friday, October 30, 2009 1:10:36 PM(UTC)

Hello,

We have an Amana ACF4255AW and the door doesn't close properly. I typically have to lean into it to make sure the light goes off during cooking. Also, when we ran the cleaning cycle, it actually melted the inside black trim piece.

Should we replace the springs and the trim piece or just call someone to look at it?

Thanks!