Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Saturday, August 5, 2023 1:44:47 PM(UTC)

Whirlpool Upright Freezer when on/off switch is pressed to on it makes loud noise..Blows cool air..Not sure of setting..What would be a good setting 1-7
Ivan L.Smith Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2016 1:37:16 AM(UTC)

A perceptible alarm will sound if the freezer thermal heat reaches perilous stages. The alarm works on household power. If the power will not work then alarm will not perform its task.An ON/OFF button allows the high thermal heat alarm to cease if wanted.
you can open the door and can check that their is a button for alarm on and off.
when is transported it is initially off.
when the freezer has worked for long time means their is enough cooling in freezer then set alarm on.
To operate the alarm set the alarm button on.
To shutoff the alarm set the alarm button off.
you can read more at:Top 10 Upright Freezers Reviewed - Upright Freezer Reviews
denman Posted: Monday, January 4, 2016 3:27:27 AM(UTC)

First check if the compressor is running.
You can usually hear it but also should be able to feel it vibrating.

If it is running and you get no cooling then it is a sealed system problem.
The unit is not worth fixing due to the cost.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
rrammitt Posted: Sunday, January 3, 2016 7:55:34 PM(UTC)

Thank you for the information.

I ran the freezer for about an hour without the alarm switch on. After the hour, the freezer did not cool at all. Any suggestions on what to troubleshoot?
denman Posted: Saturday, January 2, 2016 1:52:52 AM(UTC)

The below is from the operators manual for this unit.

HIGH=TEMAPLARM SWITCH (SOME MODELS)
An audible alarm will sound if the freezer temperature reaches unsafe levels. The alarm operates on household electricity.
Ifthe power fails, the alarm will not perform.
An ON/OFF switch allows the high temperature alarm to be
deactivated if desired.
NOTE: You must open the freezer door to view the alarm switch. The freezer is shipped with the switch in the OFF position.
After the freezer has run long enough to lower the temperature, you may set the switch to the ON position.

,, To activate the alarm, set the switch to the ON position.
,, To deactivate the alarm, set the switch to the OFF position.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
rrammitt Posted: Friday, January 1, 2016 2:01:26 PM(UTC)

A friend of my wife gave us a Kenmore upright freezer (model 253.26052102). She said it doesn't work, but didn't give details. On the bottom grill in between two indicator lights (amber and red) is a on/off toggle switch that is in the off position. When I plug in the freezer, both lights come on and I hear a motor start/run. But, when I turn on the toggle switch, a loud buzzing alarm sounds and doesn't stop until turned off.
1. Does the toggle need to be "on" for the freezer to work properly even though the motor is running?
2. What is the alarm indicating?
3. What can be done to troubleshoot the freezer?