Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
teksmith Posted: Sunday, November 15, 2015 4:29:22 PM(UTC)

I'm having a frustrating issue with the ice door / dispenser door staying open about 1/2", just enough to cause frost buildup inside the chute.

This problem appeared after installation of this kit #8201649.

I have triple checked that all parts are installed correctly, spring is turned the correct way, pin is securely in place and tabs are not broken (as reported by others), etc. I tried using both the old spring and the new spring in the kit, but they seem to work exactly the same and the problem is present with either of them. Dispenser works properly other than it doesn't close tightly. I tried removing the dampener and it has same result. Nothing appears to be restricting the door from closing and I can gently press it closed and it will stay closed, but not very tight at all against the chute. In fact, even when fully closed I can freely wiggle the door since it is not tight against the chute. But, upon next use, it leaves a 1/2-3/4" gap and frost buildup occurs.

I have searched the forums and various videos with no luck.

Have you heard of this problem before? Any ideas?

If you need pictures of my assembly I can post those for you. Thanks!