Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Tuesday, December 8, 2015 4:27:55 AM(UTC)

[COLOR="Blue"]Is it possible that the heat from the dishwasher ruined the solenoid?[/COLOR]
I doubt it because the solenoid itself is over heating which indicates to me that it is staying on too long.
Also if there is too much heat up in the door the Non Re-settable Bi-metal (thermal fuse) (item 6 in section 02) should blow.
But I guess it is possible.

You could remove the high limit thermostat (item 25 in section 05) and heat up it's face on an electric stove etc. It should open at around 77 degrees C (171 F).
Though I think that this really only has an effect when the tub has water in it.

The same goes for the thermistor which should be about 50,000 ohms at room temperature.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Luth Posted: Tuesday, December 8, 2015 2:34:58 AM(UTC)

My wife says she has noticed that the dishwasher itself seems to be very hot. She has turned off the drying part of the cycle a few times just because she thought things were too hot. Is it possible that the heat from the dishwasher ruined the solenoid?

Also, I took the time to look at past posts from other folks and this problem has occurred various times with the folks doing what I just did by replacing parts. The problem never completely cleared up on the 3 different posts I read. They either put soap in manually or some got a new machine.
denman Posted: Monday, December 7, 2015 11:49:58 AM(UTC)

[COLOR="Blue"]What could be causing this?
It may be just too much for me to test for and repair.[/COLOR]

It has me stumped also.
You have replaced the board and the solenoid which should have fixed the problem.
The only way I can see the solenoid overheating is if it is kept on for too long but the board is what controls this and that has been replaced so I am out of ideas.
Luth Posted: Monday, December 7, 2015 10:00:34 AM(UTC)

No continuity across the solenoid, not sure if manual check is opening dispenser door or I am pushing the correct spring to pop it open. However the original problem is present. The solenoid got hot enough to melt its coating and the plastic cover that goes over it. What could be causing this? It happened with the old dispenser and control board also.

It may be just too much for me to test for and repair.
Luth Posted: Friday, November 27, 2015 4:47:11 AM(UTC)

I have noted that I appreciate your assistance in solving this problem. Finding out that you do not work for Appliance parts makes me even more thnkful for your input. I will check on that dispenser as you suggested.
denman Posted: Friday, November 27, 2015 3:08:00 AM(UTC)

[COLOR="Blue"]Is there a guarantee on the parts you sell?[/COLOR]
I do not work for AppliancePartsPros but they do warranty parts, please see below.

Below is their warranty policy.
Warranty - AppliancePartsPros.com

[COLOR="Blue"]Or what else could be causing the problem?[/COLOR]

All I can think of is a bad connection or wire.
You have replaced both the dispenser and the control board and that should have fixed it long term.
I would check the new dispenser just in case it also shows signs of overheating like the old one.
Luth Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2015 2:28:38 AM(UTC)

Well I thought things were just fine but the problem has returned. It worked well for couple of weeks but the soap dispenser will not open again.
First thing comes to mine that maybe one of the parts I replaced went bad.
Is there a guarantee on the parts you sell?
Or what else could be causing the problem?
Luth Posted: Sunday, November 8, 2015 6:59:00 AM(UTC)

It took only one day for the control board to be shipped here. I put it in that same da and "bingo"
We are back in operation

Thanks for the help
Luth Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2015 8:07:08 AM(UTC)

Thank you
I will order the control board and let you know the results once I have it installed
denman Posted: Friday, October 30, 2015 10:06:21 AM(UTC)

[COLOR="Blue"]Can that be replaced or does it have to be the entire control board?[/COLOR]
You have to replace the board.

[COLOR="Blue"]If so is that nearly 100% the solution or will it result in other replacements?[/COLOR]
Yes, st least I think it is.

[COLOR="Blue"]I wonder at what point do I decide the cost is approaching the cost of a new machine.[/COLOR]
Only you can decide that. If the unit is in good shape and is doing a good job cleaning dishes then it is probably worth fixing.
[COLOR="Blue"]
Will I do harm if I run the dishwasher while the solenoid is plugged in?[/COLOR]
I do not think so