Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Tuesday, October 13, 2015 3:47:06 AM(UTC)

Unfortunately I agree with your diagnosis that the control board is bad.

You could remove it and check the back side of the board where the oven sensor connects.
Check for a hairline crack in the copper tracks leading to the connector.
Also check the solder joints at the connector pins for a cold solder joint. Cold older joints are usually a duller silver color and/or may have pin holes. A magnifying glass is useful when doing this.
Or you could just heat up the connections with a solder gun.

But the problem may be a siolid state device which you cannot troubleshoot.

Note that there are companies out there that fix control boards just Google "appliance timer repair".
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Bob7788 Posted: Monday, October 12, 2015 5:25:33 PM(UTC)

Hello, so I have this Amana oven that has been acting up. I have been getting the -F3- code and have changed the temp sensor twice. The code keeps appearing as the screen goes blank and the oven shuts down. When I start the oven it takes longer than normal for it to reach temperature (and even then it is hit and miss if it is the temperature I input into the control panel). I suspect that it might be the control panel but, this part (AP4041311 (mfg part no. 31944801)) is discontinued. I'm hoping that my troubleshooting is wrong and it is some other component. So to sum it up:

• Oven slow to preheat.
  • Oven intermittently shuts off.
  • -F3- code
  • Temp Sensor changed twice.
Thanks for any and all help!!

Bob-