Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2015 2:40:31 AM(UTC)

I cannot find any info on the given model number.
Please check it.

Is the compressor running all the time except when the unit goes through a defrost cycle?
If the unit has two fans (condenser/compressor and evaporator/freezer) are they both on when the compressor is on?

If yes to both the above, remove the cover in the freezer so you can inspect the evaporator coils.
They should have a fairly even coating of frost on them and not be frosted/iced over to the point that the fan cannot pull air through them.

If there is frost in one area usually where the freon enters the coils then you probably have a sealed system problem.
This will be an expensive repair and often it makes more sense to put the dollars towards a new unit.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
billpulsipher@gmail.com Posted: Wednesday, September 9, 2015 8:27:25 AM(UTC)

Freezer will get to around 12 degrees, but no cooler. Should be zero degrees. Any ideas?
billpulsipher@gmail.com Posted: Friday, August 28, 2015 11:25:19 AM(UTC)

My refrigerator had been in storage and I plugged it in on Tuesday. It took over 24 hours for refrigerator to cool to 38 degrees and the freezer still has not dropped below 16 degrees. Before storing all worked and it had recently received a new compressor. Thanks in advance