Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
dungeonnmaster Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2015 12:00:03 PM(UTC)

Okay Eric,
I'll watch it & see how it does.

Thank you very much for your help!
fairbank56 Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2015 6:13:36 AM(UTC)

Well, it's pretty simple, does the motor pause after the 2 minute drain or not? If not, the timer is bad. If it does pause the motor then you would need to remove the cabinet and bypass the lid switch so you can run it and observe the clutch. During the initial 2 minute drain after agitation has stopped, the clutch hub should not be rotating. When the timer pauses the motor and then restarts it, the clutch hub should start spinning. If it doesn't, the transmission is faulty.

Eric
dungeonnmaster Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 5:32:37 PM(UTC)

Thanks for your reply Eric.

I replaced the timer within the last 2 years... Is this the only thing that could cause this?

I know this is a 20+ year old washer & I've pretty much rebuilt it up to now,
just not sure when to call it a day on this.

I really appreciate your help, all of you are really great!
fairbank56 Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 4:40:04 PM(UTC)

It is supposed to drain for a full 2 minutes without spinning. After the 2 minute drain period, the timer should pause the drive motor for a few seconds and then restart it. This shifts the transmission out of neutral at which point it should start to spin while continuing to drain. If there is no pause of the motor after the 2 minute drain, the timer is faulty. You are pausing the motor by opening/closing the lid.

Eric
dungeonnmaster Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 2:06:36 PM(UTC)

Hi,

My Whirlpool washer gets stuck between the drain cycle & the spin cycle
on regular wash. It just seems to keep draining until you lift the lid & close it again. Then it will go into spin cycle.

In the last 2 years, I have replaced the timer, motor, all the clutch parts, & the lid switch(twice).

Not really sure where to go from here on it except new, but my wife likes it &
wants to keep using it. Please help!!!