Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
batech Posted: Saturday, July 25, 2015 9:07:11 AM(UTC)

Thanks denman. I replaced the start device/overload, and the compressor still does not run. So, I think it will need a new compressor. I have tried to read the windings with a meter, and I think there is a short between the two lower pins.
denman Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2015 1:27:23 AM(UTC)

Here are your parts
Parts for Amana AFF2534FEW Refrigerator - AppliancePartsPros.com

See the attachment for your tech sheet.

The overload can be checked with a meter to see if there is continuity.

There is not a good way to check the start device or capacitor so you will have to try a new one.

Did you also check the windings to the compressor to make sure a winding is not grounded?

That the compressor is warm but not vibrating is a bad symptom as it indicates that the compressor does have power to it.

One thing to not is that a winding check can tell you that a compressor is bad but does not tell you that the compressor is good as it may have other internal problems.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
batech Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2015 12:34:14 PM(UTC)

We just relocated our existing French door fridge into the garage, about 3 weeks ago. Now lost all cooling! Has power, fans are running, compressor not running and warm to the touch. Did continuity test on pins to compressor, appears to be fine. Not sure if start relay or capacitor are the issue.