Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
mvask193 Posted: Sunday, July 19, 2015 6:17:11 PM(UTC)

Eric

Thanks for the advice. I hope it is the switch and not the motor.
fairbank56 Posted: Friday, July 17, 2015 6:00:34 AM(UTC)

Check continuity of the belt switch. This is down next to the motor and is activated by the idler arm that maintains tension on the drum belt. Normally, if the belt breaks, this switch opens and stops the motor. If the switch is good, then looks like a faulty motor (centrifugal switch).

Eric
mvask193 Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2015 5:47:39 PM(UTC)

I have What I think is an older Hotpoint Gas Dryer. It will not stay on once the start switch is released. I have taken the front off the dryer to check for obvious lint build up since I heard that it could inhibit the centrifuge switch on the motor. That was all clear. I am unsure what to do next and was wondering if anyone had any good trouble shooting ideas so I could chase down the issue. I have access to a multimeter so I can measure voltage and connectivity if given enough detail to not get hurt. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.