Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
fairbank56 Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2015 12:21:07 PM(UTC)

Unplug the start switch. Does it still start and/or buzz when you close the door? If not, bad start switch. If it does, bad motor.

Eric
Thorzdad Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2015 12:04:26 PM(UTC)

My trusty Kenmore electric dryer has developed the following problem...As soon as you close the door, the dryer begins running. It does not stop when I move the timer knob to the Off position. Also, once the timer is in the off position, the buzzer starts and won't stop.

I've checked continuity on the start switch, and it tests good...needle drops to zero when switch is pressed, and shows no continuity when not pressed.

I then checked continuity on the buzzer, and the needle drops to about 1 on the meter, but does not hit zero.

I also checked continuity on the round, flat resistor that is mounted next to the start switch. It tests similar to the buzzer...the needle drops to about 1, but does not zero.

Any guesses what's wrong? Timer? :(

Thanks